Monday, October 12, 2009

A Vision of Encouragement

Last night was a tremendous night of prayer and worship. What was impressive was the confirmation that God has a passionate concern for the people that we love. We sang "He is brighter than their darkest night; He is stronger than their toughest fight." I want to pass on to those of you that were not able to be with us that God loves the people you love even more than you love them. But the real difference is all that He can do for them that you cannot do. What a privilege it is to know that we can present the ones we love to the God who loves them; the God who can penetrate their circumstances with power and grace.

One of the men who shared in the worship and prayer time with us had an encouraging vision during our time together. He saw a large brick wall. Satan was sitting on the wall laughing at a man who was below him digging at the mortar between a couple of bricks. It appeared futile and even a little silly to be working on such a large wall by scratching at the mortar between a couple of bricks. But when the vision began to move closer it became apparent that the person working on the mortar between the bricks had the scar of a nail on the back of His hand.

I will let the Holy Spirit apply the visions that He brings, but I would encourage you to consider that maybe some of the things you thought hopeless are being changed by the persistent power and presence of Jesus. After all, this would not be the first time that God dropped walls on behalf of His children.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus spoke many words of encouragement.
    Many wonderful testimonies have come to us out of circumstances that got really hectic until the power of God began to change them. Let us remember our personal God who is very much in the business of letting things get to a state where only He can help, . . . . and then helping.

    “I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you.
    In a little while the world will not see me any longer,
    but you will see me; because I live, you will live too.
    You will know at that time that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you.
    The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me.
    The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him.”

    "In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage – I have conquered the world.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Hebrew prophetic language, bricks represent the people of God; the mortar represents materialism/idolatry.

    ReplyDelete